Call for Papers
Pakistan Journal of Applied Social Sciences
Publication of the Department of Social Work, University of Karachi
Pakistan Journal of Applied Social Sciences is working under the patronage of Prof. Dr Khalid Mahmood Iraqi, the Vice-Chancellor University of Karachi by the Department of Social Work, University of Karachi. The Journal is focused on the development of the knowledge of Social sciences by providing an intellectual platform for national and international scholars to showcase their research work. It includes an analytical review of researches, case studies, theoretical articles pertaining to social sciences research, evaluation studies and diverse research studies that contribute to the discipline of social sciences. This publication is currently published only in the English language however, in view of our national needs, the abstract is translated into Urdu as well. It is recognized by Higher Education Commission (HEC) in the 'Y' category.
The Journal Would Publish
- The journal publishes research papers in the fields such as Anthropology, Business studies, Communication studies, Criminology, Cross-cultural studies, Development Studies, Economics, Education, Geography, History, Information science, International relations, Law, Linguistics, Library science, Media studies, Methodology, Philosophy, Political science, Population Studies, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Religious studies, Women studies and any other studies lying in the domain of Social Sciences.
- Research on curricula, course outline, reading list and teaching strategies related to Applied Social Sciences.
- Review of books, film and theatrical performance
- Reports on National and International conferences, symposia and workshops etc. on Applied Social Sciences.
Guidelines for Submissions
- Submissions are invited in the English language.
- Two copies of the manuscripts, single-spaced, and printed on one side only should be submitted on A4 size paper.
- A soft copy of the paper on CD or through e-mail should also be sent.
- Title page of the paper should be typed separately and should include the author's name, full mailing address, phone number and email address.
- The length of the paper should be up to 5000 words.
- Introduction should be at least two pages and a review of literature of a minimum of 3 pages.
- Paper must have at least 32 to 35 references of books and research papers published in the journals.
- Conclusions and Recommendations must be mentioned in separate headings.
- An abstract of the paper no more than 200 words must be submitted along with the paper The abstract should be followed by keywords.
- Abstract and Keywords must be in English and Urdu both.
- The papers should include references (endnotes) and bibliography.
- Authors are responsible for creating graphs, tables, and charts if required in their paper.
- Authors are required to submit a signed covering letter stating that the paper has not been published earlier or has not been submitted for the purpose of publication to any other journal or volume.
- Authors are solely responsible for the factual accuracy of their research contributions.
Citations and References
Notes and references should follow APA style for citation. Some examples are as follows:
- Koggel, M. (2003). Globalization and Women’s Paid Work: Expanding Freedom. Feminist Economics, 9(2-3), 163-183.
- Adams, N. (1985). The Family: A Sociological Interpretation, Chicago, Rand McNally.
- Chow, & Lyter, D. (2002). Studying Development with A Gender Perspective: From Mainstream Theories to Alternative Frame Works. In E. Chow (Ed.), Transforming Gender and Development in East Asia (pp. 25-30). New York: Routledge
- Irfan, (2008). Pakistan's Wage Structure, During 1990/91 - 2006/07. Retrieved on March 13, 2011, from PIDE: http://www.pide.org.pk/pdf/pws.pdf
- http://www.imorg/external/np/exr/ib/2008/053008.htmRetrieved on August 18, 2010
Professor Dr. Nusrat Idrees
Editor, Pakistan Journal of Applied Social Sciences
University of Karachi Phone: 92-21-9926 1654
Last date for submission: May 31, 2022